1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless router won't work

Discussion in 'Networking' started by motolatomu, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. motolatomu

motolatomu Thread Starter

I have a Century Link modem connected to a Linksys router. I have three computers hooked up wireless. I used another computer to hook up with the ethernet cable because that wouldn't work wireless for some reason. A little while after that, the Linksys network stopped working completely(all three computers could not access the internet). Now I can only connect to the internet if I use a ethernet cable from the modem.

Any ideas?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

One idea is that the router has failed. Reset it to factory default settings and see if it revives. Can you connect to the router? If so, can it connect to the modem/ISP?

3. motolatomu

motolatomu Thread Starter

Tried that but it didn't work

The router can connect to the modem. It says Linksys is connected but I can't access the internet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062411