Wireless router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

esmb12

What would be a good wireless router that will go through walls and ceilings?

Is there one that actually works? and what about those new power boosters (Hawkins Tech) for routers, do they work?

Thanks,

Mary

There is a pretty vast range of wireless routers available and they all work fine. From your post it sounds like you are having some sort of problem with wireless - what is it?

esmb12

I haven't tried wireless yet. I'm going to buy a new system and will go wireless. But I'm concerned with being able to use my laptop upstairs and in other rooms and get a good signal. I know I should get an N router, but that's all I know.

^ Honestly, I'd just go with a Linksys Wireless G. They have the N model for $50 more, I ended up getting the G anyway. I know it to be a stable router that can stay connected for weeks, even months with out any problems. I've heard some not-so-good things about the N model.

And you might be thinking, "Why get the G when the N is faster?" I have two main computers I use, one is hardwired and the other is wireless G. I don't notice ANY difference while loading web pages, email, chat, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online