Wireless Security.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Big-E

I see that in Cisco's propriety protocol called LEAP, which is based off a Microsoft protocol MS-CHAPv2( it's insecure obviously..anyways) LEAP has some of the same flaws to it, apparently it is susceptible to a "dictionary attack" if a user has a weak password, it will find that password using a tool called Asleap. That is why Cisco developed PEAP, anyways this is aside from the point. I have a summer job at a college in technical services, and my supervisor is trying to implement this. They just bought a $4000 RADIUS server from Cisco, and this is why he wants to use the LEAP protocol because he has already dumped a substantial amount of resources into it. Do you think this is still a secure protocol? Or, is there any alternate protocol that could be used with the RADIUS server, and not put much more dampening on the wallet? What about PEAP could this be used? I would like to know more first hand information, I can't find very much on google that explains how it works, its all about how to use tools to breach it's security or flaws..ect..ect.

Big-E

DoubleHelix said:
Implementing PEAP is going to be expensive since all computers need to use the Cisco PEAP compatible wireless adapters. You'd also need a Cisco Secure Access Control Server. All I did was go to Cisco's website and search for PEAP, and a whole bunch of info displayed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...hnical_reference_chapter09186a008025d6ee.html
They have 150 Dell Latitude D800's coming in this week, I'm not sure if the wireless adapter in them is compatable with PEAP, but it is with TKIP/LEAP. I`ll look on the site though...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online