Wireless signal problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VampRocker

Alright, for last year or so our wireless internet has been having problems. Why I didnt post on this forum before, I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is the wireless seems to cut out sometimes. Its doesnt happen to the ethernet cords coming straight from the router though. The problem goes away when we restart our router. We have tried replacing the router with a good one and replacing the modem but it hasnt helped. Does anybody know what the problem is?

TerryNet

Terry
What does 'wireless seems to cut out" mean? The network can no longer be detected? All connected devices disconnect, but can still detect the network? Etc.?

VampRocker

The network can be detected but cant be connected too it. Sometimes the devices that are connected stay connected but others that try to connect, cant.

TerryNet

Terry
If you have a Windows computer please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector when the problem occurs.

Do you have any other 2.4 GHz devices--cordless phone, baby monitor, etc.? Or something like a microwave close to the router?

VampRocker

There is nothing except a computer near the router. I will post a screenshot when the problem next occurs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts