1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Spikes (Disconnect then reconnect)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Windows4life, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Windows4life

Windows4life Thread Starter

Well, I have a WRT54G2 Linksys Modem, and a WUSB54Gv2 router, recently at random moments I lose connection and then reconnect about 30 seconds later.

I could live with it, if I wasnt the main hoster for a Game Server, the owners cant have downtime constantly.

can anyone help?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The WRT54G2 is a router, not a modem.

Are you hosting a game server over a wireless network? If so, why in the world would you do that? Wire that computer to the router!

3. Windows4life

Well, I could ask my parents. But they just really blow off and thing that costs anything. Yes its on a wireless network, the 2 computers are in different rooms but still really close, I just want to get it fixed, it just started happening.

Ok sorry for the mix up

ARRIES is my modem brand. Model TM402G/110

EDIT: Also, I COULD try to get a wire to run through this room to the other room, but it would be a long cord... Ugh, this is why I hate computer complications.

Also, a lot of people assume this when I am reluctant to do things with the modem. Thats just my parents. Im not "Leeching internet off my neighbor" as someone suggested.

4. JohnWill

Well, I'm guessing you'll never get good results with a wireless connection.

Let's see what the wireless environment is around you.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

5. Windows4life

You make me feel like you think im stupid :eek:
    I know how to take a screenshot, I play games don't I?

Attached Files:

6. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hey Windows:A bit of advise.
    Chill out a little.
    When we ask for further documentation,we try to give as complete instructions as possible.
    You would be surprised in many cases,how inexperienced those who rate their experience level as "advanced" are.

7. Windows4life

Ok but my problem still goes unsolved.

8. JohnWill

Change the channel on your router to either 1 or 6, you have another strong channel on the same channel 11 as you are.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice