Wireless USB and 2 pcs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rycharde

I have 2 PCs and a great wireless USB adapter that solidly connects a single PC to the internet.

I was wondering if I want to use the internet on BOTH PCs do I need to buy a second adapter or can I do it with just one somehow?

TerryNet

Terry
You can connect the other one to the router via ethernet. Or do you just have a modem and AP?

Rycharde

I have a router yes but not here.

I do not have a modem. I have Wi-Fi USB Adaptor.

TerryNet

Terry
Wi-Fi USB adapter and no modem sounds like you are "borrowing" a neighbor's signal.

Rycharde

No, I'm legally logging onto the free wireless Hamilton signal .

http://www.wirelesshamilton.com/

Anyway yes I'm jumping on a wifi signal, and it is legal.

Ok now I have a wireless router and I have a usb adaptor. Can I use this to pick up internet on two computers?

TerryNet

Terry
Another wireless adapter would be my choice, but ...

You can connect the two PCs by ethernet cable; use a cross-over cable unless at least one of the ports is auto-sensing (MDI/MDIX).

Enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) then on the wireless connection.

Rycharde

Ok please go over that in really simple talk for me?

If I sit the two Pcs next to each other and put an Ethernet cable in both of them they will talk to each other and share the wireless?

How do I enable ICS? thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online