1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless, VPN; need desperate help!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kevindv10, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevindv10

Kevindv10 Thread Starter

I'm planning a conference in Dublin in a few days and I'm having troubles with our setup.

My users will be using the wireless availablility of the hotel to gain our VPN, and then subsequently using terminal services back home to work on our database.

I can get internet access with wireless and get on our VPN, but the only server I can hit in the office is the firewall. I can't get to either of the DC's, and definitely can't get to the terminal services server to get on the database. In essence, dead in the water!

I had a similar issue at home on my personal wireless router. For the life of my I couldn't figure out why wireless wouldn't work, but then when I connected via a CAT-5 to the router it worked fine. Eventually for other reasons I switched on Access Control on the router (Netgear) and it worked and I haven't the slightest idea why?!

Can anyone supply and suggestions that might help me out? The hotel doesn't have IT support unfortunately.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice