Wireless/Wired Domain/User & Group Issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grahowler

Hi

I think the best place for this question is in Networking, so forgive me if it's not.

I have a Vista Business laptop with a wireless connection to a small network of about 5 machines. I having a problem opening a "Select Users or Groups" dialog box during a MS wizard (ConnWiz30.exe). When I am supposed to open that dialog box I get the error mesasage...

"The program cannot open the required dialog box because no locations can be found. Close this message, and try again."

If I try the same thing, using the same wizard, on a wired computer on the network I get no problems. If I try to get to the same dialog box by using share permissions on the laptop I can do that, it's just the wizard that doesn't work.

The only major difference I can tell between the wireless and wired connections is that the wireless/laptop LAN connection has a SSID, the wired computers do not. Although when I tried connecting the laptop via a wired connection I got the same problem.

This network is not run off a domain.

Any help with this is really appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out over this.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online