1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wirless network not showing on " Network list

Discussion in 'Networking' started by [email protected], Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r@in

[email protected] Thread Starter

:( hi i am new on this site, i was searching to find ways in my problem until i get my self here hoping some1 could help me..

i could not find my wireless network.. my os is XP pro and i am using acer aspire 3050.. after formating my os to xp i tried to connect trough wireless but could not find it .. i click on Control Panel -> Internet Connections but couldt not find my wireless there and i only see Local Area Conection .. so now i dont know how to on my wireless :mad:

pleasee help :(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    "formating my os to xp"? Assuming you mean that you installed Windows XP, did you then install the chipset and networking drivers?

What wireless adapter do you have? Does it show as OK under Network Adapters in Device Manager?

3. r@in

yeah i installed it .. i looked at my device manager and it shows ok .. i don't know much about computer sorry .. here is the screen shot in my device manager [​IMG]

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I see no wireless adapter in your Device Manager, although one of the driver-less Other devices may be it. Get the chipset and networking drivers from Acer's web site and install them, chipset first.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm guessing that "Network Controller" is the wireless NIC. :)

6. r@in

i can connect in wireless before :( i don't know what network controller to install the driver is unknown .. what do i do :'<

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How many choices of wireless adapters are there on Acer's site for your laptop?

8. r@in

there are two i tried to install them both but nothing happen :(

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No indication that the driver was being installed? No error message? No change in Device Manager?

Please confirm that you did successfully install the latest chipset drivers first.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice