1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wirless stops working on Router, wired OK

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sundance2008, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 that the wireless function seems to turn off if not used for a period of time. Is this normal? My desktop computers connect to this router wired and they function just fine, it's only my laptop that is wireless so it sometimes is a while between wireless connections to the router. If I reset the router then the wireless function is back.

Anyone know what the problem is or if it's a problem at all?

Thanks,

Steve

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's certainly NOT normal for a router's wireless signal to turn off. Maybe there is such an option for that router; have you checked the manual and the wireless configuration page(s)?

Maybe it's overheating, but that would not depend on it being idle. You're sure the router's wireless signal is going off?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!