1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

With this, do I need that..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PritomD, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PritomD

PritomD Thread Starter

With this processor:
    AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL
    Specifications:
    CPU: 1.83 GHz
    Type: XP 2500 Barton Core
    Cache: 512K L2, 128K L1, Total 640KB
    BUS: 333MHz
    Socket A
    Retail Box (Heatsink and Fan included)

Does it remove the need for me buying this:
    TR2TT(designed by Thermaltake) TR2 M2. CPU cooling fan, with T.M.D. (Tip-Magnetic Driving) fan and adjustable fan speed controller, installs in expension slot.
    Specifications:
    Fan: 74x74x15 mm(Two Ball Bearing).
    Heat sink: 70x66x30.8mm.
    Fan Speed H: 5600 RPM, M: 4500 RPM, L: 3000 RPM.
    Air Flow: 35.5CFM.

Just wondering, I think it does, making sure it would be wise to use the heatsink and fan that come with the proc, and not the TR2TT one.

2. putasolution

putasolution

Unless you plan on doing some overclcking the retail package fan should be adequate. As it is an AMD authorised cooler, if it dies a death, you have rights to a new CPU as well

3. zeddy

zeddy

The 2500 is a cool baby when it comes to o/c'ing if you do choose to do so then a good h/sink/fan combo is required with some Artic 3 paste.

4. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

putasolution hit the nail on the head! That is ONE of the various reasons I always tell people to buy Retail. The manufacturers ARE much nicer to purchasers who buy Retail as to OEM. We can normally get the Retail components for the OEM price due to this and the high volume of builds we do each year. Make sure you don't put the Arctic Silver on TOO thick! This WILL cause a higher operating temp. If you need to upgrade to a different fan/heatsink later, there are better choices than the TR2TT anyway. What are ya putting together, anyway?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice