Wive MS 2003 server thru my Vista B

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shiran

My new PC is on Vista Business Our server runs on win 2003. all PC's are on work group. How can I view the 2003 server thru my network places ?

What are the areas I should look to make sure all setting are right ?

Please help me

Shiran

Its on the work group, there are other laptops running vista which could conect to 2003 server. But only the 2 desktop pc'c doesnt show the 2003 sever in its network places

pls help

Go to Explorer or Search and type:

\\nameofserver\file

Where "Name of server" is just that and file will show you everything that is shared.

Shiran

ir works but i have a client software to be installed into my pc so I need to view it through my network places

What kind if client software? Map a drive and point the software to the mapped drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online