1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wizard Cannot find your network hardware.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TheStreak30, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheStreak30

TheStreak30 Thread Starter

Dell
    Windows Xp

So 2 days ago, i was having a problem with my computer, i would log in, and once my desktop came up, it would show for about 10 seconds, and then my icons and taskbar would dissapear. So i called dell, and they told me that most likely some spyware had leaked through and the best solution would be to reboot xp and start from scratch. So i go to do that and when the installation finished, i suddenly have no internet connection. I use a linksys router, and my laptop is connected to the router and gets a connection just fine.

So im guessing my problem is that when i go on my pc and go to the network connections screen, its empty. Wehn i try to set one up, i get the "Wizzard cannot find your network hardware" which is strange because before i re-installed, i had a working internet connection. If you have any tips, that doesnt require me talking to the useless folks at "dell-on-call" please help.

Be slow with me lol, im a beginner, i kno some basics, but if u tell me to do some crazy stuff, i will probably get lost =). So step by step please if u can help.

thanks
    lee

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Check in Device Manager; you'll almost definitely find that some devices are missing drivers. Install all your chipset drivers, and then any others you need, from your Drivers CD or from Dell's web site.

3. TheStreak30

TheStreak30 Thread Starter

well i can't do from the website because i cant get online. and i installed my dell dimension and xps resource cd, but that didnt help.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

"well i can't do from the website because i cant get online"

You seem to be online enough to post here. :) Use removable media to copy the needed files to the "sick" machine.

5. Dezaras

Dezaras

just a curious question, did dell give you a third cd labeled "drivers and utilities"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686359