1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wj View Error Message

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jolait, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolait

jolait Thread Starter

I have windows 98. When I boot Up my computer I get this message:
    WJ View error: could not execute main: the system cannot find the file specified. How can I fix this error? Thanks

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jolait
    Welcome to TSG!
    Here is a recent response listed on Sun's Java site forum which has been very active concerning this WJ View Error.
    Bottom line.... it seems to be caused by either Adware, Spyware, or some sort of Viral activity that is kicking an error early in boot process way before Java should be active.
    -------------------------------
    Here is the posting I spoke of. Download, set-up, update and then run Spy-bot S&D and allow it to fix all it finds. Then download set-up and run Hi-Jack This. It will create a log file. Do not do anything with this log file but select all, copy and paste it back here in another post. Someone will have a look at it and suggest what should be removed.
    --------------------------------
    Sun Java forum posting.....
    Hi; Saw over 22 posts on the annoying WJVIEW (on boot) error & doesn't look like anyone resolved it.

wjview is used by alot of adware (coupons) firms that run an applet (ad) that writes programs to your disk. Recommend to keep it occuring in the future... you turn off (or prompt you prior) permitting anyone from downloading/saving anything to your disk/files/directories... go to browser security (IE-tools / internetoptions / security / custom) (netscape - preferences / security). You should always choose which sites you trust to write your hard disk or modify systems properties.

TO FIX IT, Windows98,NT,ME, XP... you can use norton utilities or for free run spybot and let it remove the offending coupon/ad culprit app.

http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

If spybot doesn't remove it right off then... (actually it is always a good practice to review (&clean up) what all has been hijacked...loaded on your system!)

You can run hijackTHIS to produce a log which will permit you to view the culprit wjview and associated app. It will show you everything that beens loaded and running on your PC. Here's the link.
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Smooth surfing. C
    -------------------------

Dave

PS: Will move this thread to security so the Guru's there can interpret your Hi-Jack This log when you present it. Just remember to do Spybot first and allow it to fix everything it finds.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice