1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved WLAN Autoconfig Stopped

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DVB, Jun 3, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    Hi everyone,
    First off thanks for having this site and being able to join. The computer I'm working on is my wifes and it is an ACER Aspire 7740 and her computer just stopped "seeing" any available networks when we have two here that are working and I'm using one now. What I have figured out so far is that the WLAN autoconfig has stopped running and after reading your forum pages I tried restarting it in services but it said I did not have the authority to do this. Any and all ideas are very much welcome and thanks for your time.
    Windows 7 pro
    64 bit?
    WLAN ATHEROS AR5893 Thanks again, drew

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The button on the top left for the wireless, if you press it, what happens? (any messages?)

3. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    It toggles the wireless on and off, the button lights up but nothing else happens.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So when you turn it on, it doesn't show any wireless connection?

5. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    I forgot to mention that nothing shows up when I wire it directly to the router/modem.

6. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    No sir - nothing.

7. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Does any network devices show up in the device manager?

8. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    Yes, there are 3 of them- Atheros wireless- 2 that call themselves BROADCOM NETLINK (TM) FAST ETHERNET and one is GIGABIT.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    can you do a screen shot of that plus if there are anything under Other Devices?

10. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    Thank you for helping, I'm not sure on how to do a screen shot. I use to use an I pad at work and could do it on that but I'm drawing a blank for a pc screen shot. Also I tried starting it again and got a error message of 1707? I will get the screen shot asap and post it. Cheers Drew

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

12. DVB

DVB Thread Starter

First Name:
    DREW
    Just got off work so I'll give a try and upload it here hopefully. Thanks for the tip.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice