1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wlan connection problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by twizzie, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

I have this problem with a wireless connection. I have two HP Pavillion Nvidia nForce networking contollers. There is also a D-Link Router with 802.11g/2.4ghz. Under the Available Wireless Connections there are different connections. They have different wierd names with like a combinations of numbers and letters. There is also a NETGEAR connection. I'm just trying to figure out which one is mine, and which one are the neighbors, and I'm trying to find the password for it, or maybe make a new connection that is connected to that router.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Configure your router's SSID to be a unique string that you'll recognize, then you'll know.

3. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

how wud i do that

4. outlawtartan

outlawtartan

You need to find the original documentation for your router. It will give you the router address, something similar to 192.168.1.1 or 0.0, 0.1, etc.... When you connect to your router you can go in to the wireless settings and change your SSID.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice