wlan connection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twizzie

I have this problem with a wireless connection. I have two HP Pavillion Nvidia nForce networking contollers. There is also a D-Link Router with 802.11g/2.4ghz. Under the Available Wireless Connections there are different connections. They have different wierd names with like a combinations of numbers and letters. There is also a NETGEAR connection. I'm just trying to figure out which one is mine, and which one are the neighbors, and I'm trying to find the password for it, or maybe make a new connection that is connected to that router.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Configure your router's SSID to be a unique string that you'll recognize, then you'll know.

You need to find the original documentation for your router. It will give you the router address, something similar to 192.168.1.1 or 0.0, 0.1, etc.... When you connect to your router you can go in to the wireless settings and change your SSID.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online