1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WLAN disabled & can't turn on

Discussion in 'Networking' started by anna.sullivan, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anna.sullivan

anna.sullivan Thread Starter

hi,

ive got a HP Pavillion with windows XP and my wireless switch wont go into the "on" setting. the light is normally green if it is working but it is permanently red and if i switch it one way it says "off" and the other way says "disabled" how can i fix this?

Thanx!!!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    HP has had some serious wireless problems and have extended warranties on some models. I suggest that you first check with HP to see if your problem is in this category.

The only other thing I can think of is to check in the BIOS to see if the switch or WLAN is listed there and is disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!