1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WLAN on router not working, please help me!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by picklepopcikle, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picklepopcikle

picklepopcikle Thread Starter

Hi,

ok just to start, im a beginner so bear with me. (y)

i have a speedtouch 585v6 wireless router on AOL in england and i have been using my DELL Inspiron 1525 laptop (vista home premium) with their built in wireless card just fine for about 2 months. But recently I have not been able to connect to the router. my laptop says it has a low wireless signal and the router is not responding even though im sitting next to it!!! arghh!!!

i hope anybody can help me, if not its alright.

many thanks:D

EDIT: message to TERRYNET: how do i reset my router to its default factory settings?

I have an xbox 360 connected via an ethernet cable and an OLD (and i mean old, 1998) Toshiba laptop using the same ethernet as the xbox 360 (so only one can connect at a single time) sometimes a psp and my laptop connected to the router.

I havnt used the laptop with any other network. I saw another thread with the same sort of propblem cos i put my laptop in sleep and/or hibernate a lot so tht mite be the problem but im not so sure.

many thanks... again :rolleyes:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you sure whether this is a router or an adapter problem? Is there another computer connecting to your network, or have you tried your laptop on another wireless network?

If it's the router it may be failing. Reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Sometimes this brings them back to life, at least for a while.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice