1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WLM Question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by thundercraft, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thundercraft

thundercraft Thread Starter

Hi,

I was using WLM with a Bell account and have recently switched to Gmail. I have also switched providers and moved from dial up to wireless high speed. In WLM I have a number of emails which were received under the old account that I can still access (open,read,print) but I cannot forward. This I am sure is due to fact that the account they were received with is no longer active?

Is there a way that this can be worked around and allow these emails to be forwarded if needed?

Also this new service I have allows me X number of GB/mth for $x.xx. What I have noticed is that mu usage has increased significantly since I have switched to the web mail service. At least that is what I am assuming. With WLM I would have to download all of the emails,pics,videos etc and then they would run on my computer. With the web based mail all of this activity is done on an open connection with the web? I may be lost here as I am not that computer literate. But I feel that this is where a lot of my allotted time is being used up. Each time I replay a video attachment or review pics sent via email the clock is running?

Could someone please verify if this is on track. If so I may set up my Gmail account in WLM and this should reduce the time on the air?

Thanking you in advance.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. thundercraft

Thanks Etaf....what about the other inquiry?

"I was using WLM with a Bell account and have recently switched to Gmail. I have also switched providers and moved from dial up to wireless high speed. In WLM I have a number of emails which were received under the old account that I can still access (open,read,print) but I cannot forward. This I am sure is due to fact that the account they were received with is no longer active?

Is there a way that this can be worked around and allow these emails to be forwarded if needed?"

Thanks

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if the email is in WLM you should be able to forward - what errors do you get

5. thundercraft

The error relates to the fact that I am trying to forward the email using the account that has been cancelled. It is trying to send the message using the old Bell dial up account?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice