1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WM11 to iPod tagging problem?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by davidch805, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidch805

davidch805 Thread Starter

Okay here is my problem. I know it's a little anal by it's bugging me.

I have a 30GB IPOD Video. I don't care for iTunes so I am syncing it with Windows MP11 via the plug in on this site: http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/

Since I was home with a sick child today I used that time to finally finish ripping my CD collection that spans 20ish years. I then did the best I could getting all the artists to match up etc. The problem I am running into is the iPod seems to get the "Artist" information from the tag "Contributing Artist" instead of the tag "Artist". Why is this a problem you say?

I'll use this example:

The song "Paid" from the Kid Rock album The History of Rock lists Bob Marley has the contributing artist. That's just one example of too many to list and fix. I could care less about Contributing Artist. Plus when I go to Kid Rock the song is not there. So in other words when scrolling the Artist selection I get a listing for Bob Marley.

Now please don't hold it against me that I have Kid Rock on my iPod. I have a wide range of musical taste.

I am just out of luck here? I am going to just have to bite the bullet and manually change all of the offending tags? If that's the case can someone recommend a good and ideally free tag editor?

Thanks all,
    David

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice