wm95 error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sdecicco

Hello Folks,
I am hoping you could help me out. I have a windows 95 machine that intermittenly throws up on the screen:

wm95
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists...vendor.

Wm95 caused an invalid page fault in module wm95.exe...

Its my assumption that it has to do with windows manager. But i am not sure how to resolve the problem, because it doesn;t come up in any particular program (like IE5, word, or outlook). Even when the system is idle it will pop up.
Thanks...
steve

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
"Windows Manager"? Is that an application that you installed?

If not, do a find files for WM95.exe, right mouse properties and see if you can determine the origin of the file. Also, note the directory that it is stored in.

I di a quick search for wm95.exe and all results pointed to it being installed as a part of Novell Client. Are you on a Network and using Novell?

If not go into control Panel>Network and look at the list of installed components. Is Novell Listed? IF so, remove it and see if the messages go away.

sdecicco

Wow, you guys are quick,
Yeah Mosaic, it's a client who is connecting to novell...
Thanks TonyKlein for the update info.
steve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online