WMI Corrupted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

missileman

My WMI (Windows Managment Instrumentation) shows as "may be corrupted". I've also received an upgrade to newer build for the WMI. I've done a windows repair and winxpwmireinstall from MS website. Still have issues with installing software and I think this may be the culprit. Any help????

missileman

When checking the LAN properties connection - Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The WMI information might be corrupted. To correct this issue, use System Restore to restore windows to an earlier time...... Problem is, I wouldn't know when that earlier time would be. I also got it when checking the services - WMI - properties - dependencies - I get an Internal error - "WBEM error features not available. Upgrade WMI to a newer build."

missileman

Yes. With all of the hotfixes/updates. Ran the reinstall from CD as well. I'm at a loss.

I too was receiving the same error message: "upgrade wmi to a newer build"
Couldn't access system restore and my security system would not start plus various other problems.

I also received a message that a dll file was missing.

I found the missing file in the Ad-aware archives and restored it .. Problems now appears solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online