1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMI Critical Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Motters, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Motters

Motters Thread Starter

Hi

Been having problems with my router which appear to have been caused by uninstalling Norton. However although I can now configure my router it wont connect to the internet.

Checking the relevant service dependencies gives a WMI Critical Error. Further investigation in the event viewer shows the following;

WinMgmt could not initialize the core parts. This could be due to a badly installed version of WinMgmt, WinMgmt repository upgrade failure, insufficient disk space or insufficient memory.

Can this be reinstalled easily ??

Cheers

Motters

2. Mordillo_98

Mordillo_98

Maybe repairing your Windows using the CD might do the trick.

3. cgesicki

cgesicki

Go to Start/Run/CMD and then run each of these hitting enter after each:

winmgmt /clearadap
    winmgmt /kill
    winmgmt /unregserver
    winmgmt /regserver
    winmgmt /resyncperf

This may or may not repair the repository but will re-install wmi into the registry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/445939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice