1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMM glitching no matter what I do! :(

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Digital_Tragedy, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital_Tragedy

Digital_Tragedy Thread Starter

i have an HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC (uses Windows Vista)
    and i've been having fits over my Windows Movie Maker acting up.
    i've made lots of videos over the past few years and have had no problems.
    Recently though, when i try making a video of any kind, (wmv format) it seems like WMM is lagging and then when i try to play and watch what i've put together/edited it will play a second or two then glitch and will even skip whole clips during the glitch/freeze and it does this through the whole timeline. i dont know if it will run like that if i publish it but i cant get any decent editing done because i cant really tell how well it syncs or looks because of all the glitching. this has gone on for several weeks now and is absolutelly maddening! i've tried everything from un-installing unnecessary programs, deleting cookies..etc, change setting..etc. nothing works and i cant find anything on any site about this issue or how to slove it.
    (if i could afford a decent video editing software id use it instead and not have to worry about this.) :p
    any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    thanks!

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Are you using the WMM that comes with Vista or is this the Windows Live Essentials WMM? If not the latter, I think you are eligible for it with Vista and you might try that version. Otherwise there is Pinnacle VideoSpin which is free and you might find does as much as you need without having to pay for a more capable editor.

3. Digital_Tragedy

Digital_Tragedy Thread Starter

awesome! thank you so much. i'll see if i can get one of those. i have the one that comes with Vista. idk why it started acting stupid all of a sudden. :/
    i'll let you know how it turns out if i can get one or both of the others. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice