1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP 10 and iTunes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Littleguimo77, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleguimo77

Littleguimo77 Thread Starter

For my birthday I recieved a music kit that allows me to sync music, photos, videos, etc. onto my cell phone. In order to sync the data from the computer to the cell phone, it uses Windows Media Player 10. Problem is this: up until now I've been using iTunes to handle my music collection. WMP doesn't play mpeg-4 files by default and I can't find a plug-in that will help. Does anyone know of a way that I can (1)Import my mpeg-4 files into WMP, and (2)with the music files that DID work with WMP, is there an easier way to manage them using my existing iTunes song details/playlists?

As for the first problem, (1), I know that WMP won't import mpeg-4 files into its library. Is there something I can do so that it will? If not, I'm assuming I would have to find a file converter and convert all of my mpeg-4's into .mp3's...but I'd rather not do that seeing as then I'd have two of every song on my computer (different file formats) and I'd lose sound quality. Does anyone know of any options I have here?

Second problem, (2), is more of a convenience thing. I have close to 1000 songs (I know that's a little on the low end for most music lovers) and I have them all nicely organized in iTunes with playlists and details, etc. When I look at them in WMP, all of my playlists are gone and there isn't much in the way of organization. Is there an easier way to transfer over my playlists from iTunes to WMP without having to manually select each song and placing it in its correct playlist?

HUGE thanks in advance for any help I can get.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice