1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP 11 and associated problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Topdragon, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topdragon

Topdragon Thread Starter

Hi guys.
    In the last 2 or 3 days, I keep getting the "not responding" error message when trying to use WMP 11. This happens whether I access a music file from within WMP, (Playlists or Play/Audio CD) or if I use the My Computer/D Drive/Audio CD option to start playing music. I uninstalled WMP and re-installed from Microsoft but it hasn't made the slightest difference. WMP is unusable at the moment. Now I have noticed that I am starting to get the same message on other applications as well, (IE8, for example) although a second attempt usually solves this. IE8 takes about 30 seconds to load a window, and about another 30 seconds to display the homepage, which is "about blank".

To cap it all, system restore will not restore to any point, and two successive disk error checks have also failed to resolve the issues. A scan with ESET antivirus 5 and a spybot scan both came up clean.

I am using XP on a Pentium 4, 1.80Ghz, 1.2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 2MX on an HP Pavilion 7975 desktop.
    Any ideas on why these issues have appeared and what I can do to resolve them? Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    TopDragon. :confused: :(

TSG info-
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1279 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX (HP), 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 128342 MB, Free - 105908 MB; F: Total - 376936 MB, Free - 75978 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P4B-LA
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!