1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP 11 issue

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jules_fc, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

Windows Media Player 11 is installed on my computer and I use it every day but for some reason it is not listed in the "Add or Remove Programs" section of my computer, how could WMP 11 not be in my "Add or Remove Programs" even though it's installed in my computer? I use Windows XP

2. stantley

stantley

If WMP 11 was part of the original installation, then it won't show up in Add/Remove Programs, but it should be in Add/Remove Windows Components.

If you originally had an earlier version of WMP, then when you go into Add/Remove programs check 'Show Updates'. It will be under Windows XP - Software Updates.

3. jules_fc

jules_fc Thread Starter

I installed WMP 11 myself and I also checked "show updates" but I still don't see it on the list. I also noticed that quite a few of the programs that were previously listed in "Add or Remove Programs" for some reason are now missing from the list, which is weird because despite the fact that they are not listed in "Add or Remove Programs" I still use those programs that are now missing from the list every day. I don't even remember ever uninstalling or removing any of them in the first place. By the way, I also use CCleaner every now and then but I always try to be careful about what I delete or remove from my computer. Do you think I might have removed the programs that are missing from my "Add or Remove Programs" list by accident?

4. stantley

stantley

That could be possible because CCleaner has that capability, if you go to Tools > Uninstall there's a 'Delete Entry' selection which doesn't uninstall the program it just deletes the uninstall command in the registry.

The only time this could be a problem is when you want to uninstall a program, but many programs have an uninstall.exe in their folder in C:\Program Files and you can just click on that or you might have to reinstall the program in order to uninstall it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice