Wmp audio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moss53

hey, am a newby here. my windows media player no longer has audio . computer specs in profile. have tried : all volume and audio settings, checked device managers for errors, audio works on rest of computer, have downloaded recommended codecs. reinstalled wmp11. check manager, the start up list, etc. have read lots of articles. have tried suggestion that i don't remember nowl I recall that before this began, i was trying to open another program, but continued to hear the wmp playing something from internet. could not find wmp so shut down internet. which stopped the music that was playing. the video is fine, just no audio. am on a aproject dealine and need program please advise. i have parkinsons, so sitting here trying to resolve this is becoming difficult. help and thank you.

Hi moss53 and welcome to TSG,

Not certain what computer you are using but could it be your default settings have changed? Just a thought, this. You can check by going to Start and go up to Set Program Access & Defaults. Under Custom (you may have to expand this) see what the music is set to.

If this doesn't help, maybe someone else will respond to this.

Just a shot in the dark here, but it almost sounds like WMP still "thinks" its playing audio. Have you restarted your machine since you started having this issue, by chance?

moss53

note: specs in profile
tried program access changes, no result
have rebooted several times.
thanks for suggestions anything else? have never had problem like this beforeee.
thank you , keep ideas coming. will try all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts