1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP choppy audio over Networked computers

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mrblurr, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrblurr

mrblurr Thread Starter

Ok, I have 2 computers. A is for gaming and such while B is my media computer with movies/music/anime/pictures/etc on it. They are networked through my router (D-Link) and have all access allowed.

Now when I try to play a song on A from compy B it's all choppy, but when I play a song from B on compy B (the host) it plays like a dream.

Why does this happen and what would be a fix for it?
    Using Win7 and both are high end computers (i5/i7)

2. buckchry12

buckchry12 Account Closed

what kind of router are you using?? Is it a wireless router and is it wireless B/G/N?? wireless N is best for streaming music via network or if they are plugged via ethernet cables (which it doesnt sound like) are your NIC's (network Interface Card) on ur PC's compatible with ur router technology?

3. mrblurr

mrblurr Thread Starter

It's a D-link 615 using N. Both are wired as well.

4. buckchry12

buckchry12 Account Closed

u said Win 7 right?? i assume you are using the "homegroup" network to allow playback to make it much more simpler?? have u made sure audio drivers and codecs are up to date on both machines? What are makes and models of said PC's?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice