1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP Error / How to change codec?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by NICP, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICP

NICP Thread Starter

Hello!

Ive got an hpg62 with windows 7. I downloaded a file and it will not play all the way through. I end up getting the infamous C00D11B1 error. Ive tried a few things here and there but nothing as of yet, my system is up to date and all. I have a converter in which I re-converted it, I gues, to a wmv. (It was wmv to begin with)... Anyway, doing this gave me poor quality but it plays through! I believe my problem lies in the first wmv file not playing due to the codec is CBR. Once I ran it through the converter the codec ended up being wmv1. But again, the quality is not very good.

Question is, how do I fix this? How could I change the codec and keep quality or simply get this file to play correctly? Or.... fix the other files quality? Also not just windows media player, but the original file will not play in any other program I have. If I just went ahead and burned to a dvd would either file play and appear good on tv? Hope ive explained myself enough to gather some help and fix this! Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice