1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wmp Help!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chump1696, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chump1696

chump1696 Thread Starter

ok i have had this problem with windows media player for a long time now. everytime I try to watch a video on such sites like kontraband.com or abum.com the video does not open and the internet freezes and stops responding. i am up to date with windows media player too so that is not the problem.

but on certain sites like ebaumsworld.com i can watch videos fine.

i have no clue what the problem might be...help??

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy, Chump1696! :)

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Now, sites like ebaumsworld use flash. Other sites like the ones you mentioned use a Windows Media Player Plugin. What version of Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer have you got? Also try a different browser such as:

Mozilla
    Firefox
    Netscape
    Opera

3. chump1696

chump1696 Thread Starter

i have wmp 10 and ie 6.0

the ie window only freezes when it says connecting to media but then the wmp window says ready and it un freezes but the video still never plays.

4. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Hi there again! :rolleyes: :p

Have you tried Windows Media Player 11? and a different bowser?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice