1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP Libraries Empty [Fix]

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mgfranz, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgfranz

mgfranz Thread Starter

I have fixed the issue with libraries disappearing or displaying empty contents and partial contents. After spending about an hour looking through all the other posts regarding this issue, I went for broke. Here is how I fixed my playlists.

1) If open, close WMP
    2) Go to the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\%your login path%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
    3) Delete every database file EXCEPT wmpfolders.wmdb
    4) Restart WMP
    5) Click "Add to Library" under Library, I select "My folder and all those that I can access".
    6) Add whatever folders you think your .mp3 files might be located in.
    7) Click OK.

WMP will then locate every lost file, playlist and library. You will notice that a new dB file will be created with todays date and time and the old .wmdb file is gone. This is a good thing. (y)

I don't know if this was caused by LimeWire or a bug with WMP, but my playlists are back to normal. :D

Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice