WMP partially locks up mouse and keyboard!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

speedtouch

Hello, I'm having a problem with windows media player. When I start it up to play a song or anything, it will not let me left or right click (although I can still move my mouse), and a lot of my keyboard functions stop working. I can Ctril+Alt+Delete but my mouse remains unclickable. Alt+Tab doesn't work, and neither does Alt+F4. I did notice that when I pressed the windows key, the menu at the bottom left would come up, but I still couldn't click on anything. Other shortcuts with the windows key seem to work such as the windows key+R to bring up the run menu, but I can't type anything.

If I do log out though, and log back in (without rebooting), my computer remains in the unclickable state. Although if I do reboot, it works perfectly again (until I run WMP).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

EDIT: My apologizes. After doing further testing, I figured that it was a windows problem :rolleyes: Since I've had it lock up with itunes, and msn live runnning. So I will be making another topic in the right forum this time. Once again, my apologizes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online