1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wmp plays audio but no video for .mod files: HELP!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mspure, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mspure

mspure Thread Starter

Please REPLY, I cant move forward, I've done EVERYTHING I could think of. I have windows xp and can only use wmp11 as the latest version available. I can not get my .mod files to play...well at first it said that there was a missing codec (AC3) and when i downloaded ac3 filter 1.63, I got audio and no video. so i tried divx and my pc just couldnt handle it. the video and audio were no longer synced up and the video played back in slow motion while the audio played in real time. How can I make this work out with wmp11? Is there some sort of patch, plugin, codec, a different filter or something to make this work??? please help.

2. pip22

pip22

3. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Try opening the files with gSpot. It will list which audio and video codecs are needed for playback and whether or not they are installed.

4. mspure

mspure Thread Starter

My computer hid the file extension after i tried to rename it and its hidden so that when i rename it what happens is the file reads 'whatever.mpg.mod' so that it can't be renamed. Any other suggestions or is there a way to force the .mod to show up in the renaming process?

5. mspure

mspure Thread Starter

So do i go to gspot.com to find it?:confused: Never heard of it so i'm not sure what to do...

6. mspure

mspure Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, this thing has me stumped, any advice is appreciated.

7. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025934