1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP Rip and Library Paths Don't Stick

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by patmac, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Hi,
    We are stuck for the time being using Window Media Player to Rip/Burn/Sync music with. I've set the paths for the ripped music and library to go to a separate partition/drive, but each time the system is reset, WMP resets the paths back to c:\documents\ etc........
    Should this be the way things work?
    Thanks for your time,
    patmac

2. Moby

Moby

What version of WMP do you have? And there isn't an option to move/set a new path for the library so could you clarify that bit too.

3. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Thank you for responding. We have version 10. And yes there is a way to move or set the path as desired, however, if I reset/reboot for any reason, WMP does not keep the changes I've made to the path for the library. If I don't reboot, the changes stick. Hope this helps. Thank you for your time. patmac

4. Moby

Moby

Library and the music filess themselves and their location are 2 different things. Library file lives here and cannot be moved.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\*user name*\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\CurrentDatabase.wmdb"
    File location can be where ever you want. Library is is a database of file locations.Are you just talking about the location of your ripped music files? You can set this but you can't 'set' the library, the library just finds the music file after it has been created. Using the word library confuses.
    2 seperate things.

5. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Moby, You are right, I checked and there is no place for me to change the path to/from the Library. I'm refering to the ripped music path only. My bad. I change it to a different location, hit "apply", and it stays until the system is rebooted. Should I just get Nero version 6 and be done with it?? Thanks for your continuing time....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/442843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice