1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP wont play DVDs anymore

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by flexxxy, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flexxxy

flexxxy Thread Starter

Hi

I had a probelm which required me to delete some keys in the registry and by mistake i delete a wrong one. As a result when i now play DVD it comes up with error message:

Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings.

I know u need to be carefull so i made a system restore but it wont work. Does anyone know what i can do? DVDs now only work on VLC player. I have done a repair with the special CD but still no luck? i have tired to reinstall WMP (11) but same result. i do have codecs.

thanks in advance

2. O-M-G =()

O-M-G =()

I can help you get it to work again... But I need to know "what" codecs you already have installed. :)

3. flexxxy

flexxxy Thread Starter

thanks alot,

i have many: i have the divx codex, ffd show, ac3 filter, avi. I ran microft XP video decoder check up and it came up with

ffdshow video decoder, sonic CM(R) DS video decoder 4.0, Ligos MPEG Video decoder, ffdshow raw video filter. However none of them are compatiable with WMP10 (i have WMP11)

(I use to be able to play DVDs)

4. flexxxy

flexxxy Thread Starter

fixed it myself!! dont know how

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice