1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wmp10

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wtxcowboy, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy Thread Starter

everything works fine but the dvd function. i insert a dvd into drive D or E & all i get is "drive busy"... then my PowerDVD quit working? uninstalled & reinstalled & works when it wants to.
    looked for driver updates but haven't found any that apply to my hardware.
    D drive is Samsung SD-616E; E is NEC ND-1100A. using windows XP & have installed SP2 with no apprent probs other than this. don't use dvd's often, so didn't notice this til after SP2 was installed & i updated the bios to A05 on the Dell website.
    device manager says all are working etc.
    have spybot, adaware 1.05, swblaster & mcafee & all are clean.
    temp files are empty etc... any ideas? thx a lot! Gringo...
    :confused:
    video card nVidia GeForce FX 5200
    Dell Demension XPS desktop Gen2
    512 mg RAM
    Pentium 4

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy Thread Starter

well, all i had to do was access the dell media experience website & download their upgrades. wmp works fine now as does the powerdvd. upgraded that from v3.0 to 5.2 for free. i can handle that. hope this helps if anybody else has/had a similar prob with their wmp10 or powerdvd! :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice