WMP54G on vista help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

d0pingp4nda

I was wondering if anyone can help me with getting the interned working.
I recently updated from XP to Vista Business (64-bit) and i am having a problem with my Wireless adapter. I have WMP54G v4.1 and i can't get my PC to read my adapter. Please help me.

Are the drivers installed for your Wireless adapter. Vista 64 bit has different driver requirements. Do you know how to get into Device Manager?

d0pingp4nda

no i don't really know anything about Network. I went to the computer store today and they told me that this Wireless card should work.

DoubleHelix

Banned
I doubt the average "computer store" employee understand that a 64-bit operating system requires specific drivers. I don't see any such drivers for this adapter on LInksys's website.

I can't find one either. Who recommended that you upgrade that machine to Vista?

What is the make/model of the machine in question??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online