1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP54G question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by d0pingp4nda, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. d0pingp4nda

d0pingp4nda Thread Starter

I currently have Linksys WMP54G wireless adapter. Today, I upgraded my OS to Vista (64-bit) and all of the sudden, I was not able to connect to the internet. I did some research and found out that there is no driver for 64-bit. Are there any way for me to get my internet up? What is Ralink? Ive seen many howto's and they kept on mentioning Ralink.

If there is no solution to my problem, I am thinking of just buying a new wireless card. Any suggestions?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's certainly the easiest thing to buy a new card. If no drivers are available, you're wasting your time in a probably fruitless effort to get it working at all, never mind correctly.

Ralink makes WLAN chipsets.

3. d0pingp4nda

any suggestion on which one to buy? I don't want to spend like $50 on them..maybe 20~30.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

Post your card that's not compatible with vista 64-bit, maybe there's "non-official" drivers elsewhere we may find?

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

"Linksys WMP54G wireless adapter"

7. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

What's the version of the WMP54G wireless adapter?

8. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

For instance, if it's version 4 of the card...

Choose "Ralink Tech Inc" for the manufacturer and "Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card" for the Network Adapter once you have the drivers downloaded from the net. You must install them manually, so you must choose the location of the extracted files yourself specifically.

Also, just found a forum that may help you http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=6756&st=40

9. d0pingp4nda

v4.1

I think im going to downgrade it to Vista 32...if i can get the CD from my friend

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

There will be more programs and hardware available for 32. But you'll need a new license/product key.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!