1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMP54G Won't see wireless LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Akito, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akito

Akito Thread Starter

Hey all.

Here's the situation. Have a new PC (like today new) and I put a WMP54G (linksys wireless G card) into it. It refuses to see a wireless network. I've tried it on different machines. Works fine. Tried it in different PCI slots. No luck. Tried different PCI cards - a sound card and a modem, both worked fine. Note that there are two other PC's within a few feet of this one that get full signal strength on the wireless network. All three are in the same room as the AP, and there are no walls between me and the AP. The AP currently isn't secured, either.

So essentially I'm stuck here. Linksys tech support has been useless - but they are sending me an older copy of the driver. If any of you have any ideas, I really need some help. I don't think the new PC is the cause of the problem. However, if this doesn't work, I am at a loss.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice