1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wmplayer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mmstam, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

/ After clicking on the WMplayer icon it just dosen't open. Tried to reinstall several times. it just doesn't open Have win98se OS.

2. ezymony

ezymony

did you try unistalling it first before you reinstalled

3. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

Thank you for your fast response. YesI tried.

4. ezymony

ezymony

try start , programs find the player there see if it works

5. ezymony

ezymony

i have 98 it is in programs accessories,entertainment

6. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

I just uinstalled it and installed again. Tried to open it in acessories, it just doesnt open. thank you again . There must be some kind of software conflict.

7. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Which version of Media Player?
    6.4 or 7?

8. ezymony

ezymony

mo seems like a lot of problems with wm player iv seen several today

9. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

It's WMPlayer 7.1

10. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I have MP6.4 and have managed to duplicate this. No error message, it just does nothing? Is that correct?

Because we have different MP's I am not going to give you a registry key. Instead I am going to ask you to go into your registry, and look for this key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95}

Is it there? If so , click the + sign in front of it and please look for this subkey:
    InprocServer32

Is it there? And if it is, look in the right hand pane for the default value. It should read:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX

Is that there?

Post back.

11. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

Dear Mosaic1,
    Thank you very much.I greatly appreciate that you're trying to help me. I followed your instructions. and everything is there. What else could be the problem. Thank you again.

12. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Let's try registering this file. msdxm.ocx
    Go to start>run. Copy and paste this in:
    regsvr32 msdxm.ocx
    Press enter.
    See if you can start Media Player now.

13. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

Dear Mosiac1,
    I can't thank you enough for your effort to help me. I did as you instucted, and it's still not opening. It's a mystery to me.

14. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

mmstam,
    You're welcome. It's a mystery to me too.
    The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is a registry restriction or policy not allowing Media Player to start. However, I know of no such restriction in existence.

When you uninstalled version 7, 6.4 should have been there an ready to take its place. Did you try to open it? If so, did it work?
    I will look around more to try and find any more information. In fact, if I remember correctly, in the "OPEN WITH" box, even with 7 installed, you still have the choice to open with the older version of Medial Player. I did that a while back when I still had Version 7.1 installed. Right click on a file whild holding the shift button down and then scroll to the MPlayer2 entry ( I think that's the one) Be sure the alwasy open with box on the bottom of the page is not checked. Then open the Wav or MP3 or whatever in the older MP. Does it play?

Mo

EDIT: One other thing to try would be an Internet Explorer Repair. A lot of the IE files are used by other programs too.

15. mmstam

mmstam Thread Starter

Dear Mosaic1,
    Thank you again. Yes you'r right mplayer2 does work, but wmplayer7.1 is the default player. When I insert a cdrom it just won't come on automaticaly,or even by clicking on it's icon. Let me try with an Internet Explorer Repair. How do I go about.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice