1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WMV Problem.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Robert the Bruce, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert the Bruce

Robert the Bruce Banned Thread Starter

A friend has sent me an e-mail in WMV format. When I try to open the file I get the following message - 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel'. Now, I'm not even sure what this message means far less solving the problem. Can anyone help ?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's a video file. Strange that is has no association, but try playing it with Windows Media Player or any other similar media players.

3. Robert the Bruce

Robert the Bruce Banned Thread Starter

Sorry, silly me. I got it sorted. I was just doing it wrong.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice