1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WNR2000v2

Discussion in 'Networking' started by williamorc, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. williamorc

williamorc Thread Starter

Hi i got this router and im trying to configure it s that i can play xbox live call of duty. I have portforwarded correctly, i have set up a static ip for the xbox correctly, i have tried putting the xbox into the dmz, i have tried putting the nat filtering to open, and none of this is working. i always have strict. I have a dsl connection with a THOMSON ST516 and i heard that it may have something to do with bridge mode? I tried setting it t bridge mode and lost all connection even when plugged directly. Seriously, help would be so appreciated. I have an open connection when plugged directly into the modem, just not the router.

Thanks!

2. williamorc

Hi again, so i did a little reading and i think the problem is that my THOMSON ST516 modem acts as a router, so with my netgear its like a router behind a router. I think i know how to fix it now im just wondering how to set up my netgear to ask for the PPPoE, so that i can set my modem in bridge mode.

thanks

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The router is not going to "ask for PPPoE." You have to configure the router's WAN (Internet) section for a PPPoE connection.

4. williamorc

regardless of the terminology i used, you know what i mean. Its alright i figured it out.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice