Woe is Me!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rstoddard

:( This morning I arose to find my computer screen displaying just my wallpaper, no icons. I hit ctrl,alt, delete; nothing on the screen. Having had this happen before, I knew that if I merely shut the computer down by holding the power button in and then turning it back on, it would start up fine. I then tried that. My screen displayed "no video input," and my keyboard showed no lights. The computer was on, chugging away, but nothing on the screen. I tried powering it down and then up again, several times. Nothing. Is it dead? (It's a Hewlett Packard Pavilion...a couple of years old.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions given.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, since there's nothing on the screen, and you hear it booting, it's probably a video issue of some sort.

I'd reseat ALL the boards and connectors in the machine first, and also check the connections to the monitor.

rstoddard

It's alive!:) In case this happens to any one else, here's what I had to do: I literally had to pull the plug (not just turn it off using the button, but pull the plug out of the power strip.)Then, when I plugged it back in, it came up fine. Weird. I don't know what made me try this, but now it's o.k. The power supply must have a breaker or something that needed to re-set. Thanks for your suggestions.(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online