1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WOL and WOWLAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kotje, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotje

kotje Thread Starter

WOL>wake on LAN and WOWLAN>wake on wireless LAN if you didn't know. :rolleyes:

Here's my situation ;
    I got a desktop with win 7 pro upstairs witch is the only pc I need to boot remotely, nothing more needed just boot up like normal and that's it.
    The other 2 downstairs are a old desktop with win xp pro and a wireless connected laptop with win 7 home premium.
    So I just want to be able to boot the upstairs PC with bolt the others PC's.

I know about the bios settings but do I just change it on the target pc only? :confused:
    Security from outside connections , something to worry about? :confused: Some info please
    Free-ware programs needed if you have no access to you modem/router settings (owned by ISP)?:confused:
    XP machine booting a win 7 machine possible?:confused:
    .net framework up-to-date btw.
    I know about the settings in windows that have to be changed, just dont know how exactly...:confused:. Do I do it on all machines or just the target PC? :confused:

So I'm guessing you know what to say to me :D.
    All 3 PC's have instant access for remote control with one mouse click and without confirmation from the target PC, I just can't boot them up yet and that's the only thing that's bothering me.
    So I hope you can give me the most simple and user friendly way to do this without compromising my network's security from devices outside my LAN.

thanks beforehand.

greets,

kotje

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice