Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Clumbsy_Mage

I keep getting constant errors on this game, I used to be able to play it fine but now it's getting rediculous. Everytime I download a new map from a server I may get an error, or when I join a game I usually get an error. It freezes and the sound starts to repeat for a moment, then I get an error message... Anyone had any experience with this game?

Clumbsy_Mage

I don't seem to be getting it anymore o_o;;

It wasn't anything specific, it just said something like "ET.exe encountered an error and will now close" or something, in a standard little window...

try:
go to your ET\pb\dll folder and delete everything in it - (or cut and paste to recycle bin to be safe)
then go to et\pb\htm and delete contents
then go to et\pb folder and run pbweb.exe - this will update all your punkbuster files, it may take a very long time to complete-
after it's done delete the files pbsv.db and pbcl.db in the et\pb folder
in the et\main folder look for very small *.pk3 files (1 or 2 kb in size)
you can open them with winzip -
delete or cut paste to recycle the ones that only contain campaign / script files -
start et, hit the ~ key and type: /pb_system 1 then [enter]
- et crashing after downloading maps is a known problem :eek:

Clumbsy_Mage

Alright I received the error again, I got ingame and about 5 seconds before spawning it occured.

I haven't actually taken steps to stop them happening yet, the errors seem to subside for awhile or ultimately go away completely untill something interfears with the game. They seem to be happening less frequently now.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online