Won't Accept Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Don Blashford

My daughter's HP laptop (windows XP) was running fine. Battery just ran out, she plugged the computer in and now it will not let her log back on (and she is sure she is typing her password correctly). Any suggestions?

Welcome to TSG....

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

Tech Support Guy Site Rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Don Blashford

Did not mean to break a rule...just trying to get her machine to work. Do you have any idea why a problem like thismight have occured?

I'm sure it's wrong input (either she is mistaken, or the keyboard is faulty...) I just don't see any other anwser.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Other than booting in safe mode and using the administrator account, that's all I can suggest. We can't help with passwords here.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
When the BIOS POST is running before Windows starts, hit F8 a few times, you'll get a prompt that allows you to boot into safe mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online