1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Won't Boot Up Even On Safe Mode (Flashing Blue Screen)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jaellybean, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jaellybean

Jaellybean Thread Starter

Hello,

I Need Help! My laptop won't boot up. In the middle of booting, a blue screen will flash (can't even read the message because it flashes so fast), then it will take me to a black and white screen with options to choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config and other options. Whichever I choose, windows will start booting but process will just be the same, blue screen flashes and will take me back to option screen. I was tempted to stick in my system restore disk but I'm afraid, will I lose all my data if I do that? Please help me. Maybe you have other idea to get my computer up and running without losing anything. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Jae

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Hi try..
    Tap f 8 while your system is starting up.
    Choose safe mode with command prompt.
    Log on as an admin.
    At command prompt type
    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

This will launch System Restore.
    Choose a date prior to the problem.

3. Jaellybean

Jaellybean Thread Starter

Hello There,

Thanks for responding. I did what you've suggested, but after pressing F8 and chose Safe Mode with command prompt," it took me to a black/blank screen with message on top that says, "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe." Is that telling what the problem is? What do you think I can do next?

I really appreciate your help.

Jae

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

5. Kingston1

Kingston1

My young daughters Acer one is doing the same thing booting then disk check blue screen, black screen then back to boot then disk check a maddening circle. I F8'ed and disabled the check to read the blue screen and suggest to go to safe mode "to remove or disable components". i can't get to safe mode it won't load at all. any suggestions?

to ad I have an external USB dvd drive for the disks needed, It's XP sp 3, 8 GB SSHD and a 8GB expansion SD card.

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Kingston1
    Please do not respond to threads with your problem, it gets very confusing - start a new thread of your own

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/869057