Wont Boot Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jodiholden86

i recently got a desktop Compaq CQ2009f and it had Windows 7 on it but when it was purchased brand new it had Windows XP. Because i was unable to find the password i restored it to factory default and it wont boot up. I tried bootup from repair disc with no response from keyboard (tried 3 different keyboards) Diagnostics all check out good, and now i have no idea what to do....its stuck at black screen with flashing curser.

jodiholden86

i recently got a desktop Compaq CQ2009f and it had Windows 7 on it but when it was purchased brand new it had Windows XP. Because i was unable to find the password i restored it to factory default and it wont boot up. I tried bootup from repair disc with no response from keyboard (tried 3 different keyboards) Diagnostics all check out good, and now i have no idea what to do....its stuck at black screen with flashing curser.

Hello jodiholden86 and Welcome to TSG!

Can you access the bios? Is the hard drive recognized? When you did the recovery, was it from the recovery partition or media, like a cd? Sometimes the recovery can go awry. Take a look here Performing an HP System Recovery

jodiholden86

used to be able to access bios but cant now, yes hard drive is recognized and recovery was done from cd

Go to my post #2 Click the link and select Recovering During Startup.

TerryNet

Terry
I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

jodiholden86

used link you gave...did everything the link said to do.... didnt work so i shut computer down and tried the next day with recovery cds and again with a repair cd but now the keyboard has no effect on computer (tried several different keyboards) when the computer asked me "would you like to boot from cd" "press any key to continue" , there is no effect on computer and i dobnt know how to boot up from cd or the hard drive, the keyboard doesnt seem to register. AAAAHHHH very frustrating!

TerryNet

Terry
If it's a USB connected keyboard try all the USB ports--sometimes only the back ones or only the front ones work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online