1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wont boot up

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JohnnyBoy1947, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnnyBoy1947

JohnnyBoy1947 Thread Starter

I installed and ran Driver Booster to update drivers and now I can't access the pc at all. The screen shows multicoloured vertical stripes at boot up and it wont respond to keystrokes. I've had loads of advice online via my mobile, but it all requires the use of the keyboard. My desktop pc runs on the latest version of Windows 10 pro. Any advice is truly appreciated. Thanks. P81003-170228.jpg P81003-170228.jpg

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. JohnnyBoy1947

Since my last post I have disconnected the harddrive and started the pc in the hope of getting an error message, but I am still getting the same striped screen. I presume the OS is not the cause and suspect this may be a graphics problem. Do you agree ?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Yeppirs, I agree. If the problem is happening before an Operating System is even booted, then it must be a hardware problem.

Does the monitor exhibit the same problem when connected to another PC? If so, the problem must be something to do with the monitor. I'd try a different video cable first.

Let us know what you find out ...

5. JohnnyBoy1947

My pc is plugged into HDMI1 on my TV. When the pc connects with it, the screen automatically shows the screen resolution of the pc, so I know it's not a faulty cable. Sooo how do I fix the onboard graphics problem ? Thanks again.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

In an attempt to "fix the onboard graphics problem" I would download and install the latest driver direct from the motherboard manufacturer's website, or, if Intel, from Intel.

If that doesn't fix it, then you could install a video graphics adapter or replace the motherboard.

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Does this happen if you boot into the safe mode?

8. JohnnyBoy1947

Sorry but as I said in my first post, I can't access my pc so can't download anything. Will have to take it in to repair shop. Thanks for your input. Kind regards. Johnny.

9. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

If you can get into "Safe mode with Networking" you should be able to download.

10. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you saying that the colored strips appear before windows load?

11. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If the TV still works as a TV the PC has the problem, faulty graphics or possibly ram.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice